Safety Roundup: Recreational Marijuana Could Be on November Ballot
- Members interested in BWC safety and cost-reduction programs have until May 31 to apply for the Drug-Free Safety Program and Transitional Work Bonus Program. For questions, email Juliet Walker, the OMA’s managing director of workers’ compensation services.
- Reports say activists seeking to legalize the recreational use of marijuana in Ohio are hiring paid petition circulators to gather signatures by July 5 to put the issue on this November’s ballot.
- OMA Connections Partner Fisher Phillips will host a May 16 workforce safety webinar for automotive industry employers titled “What to Do Before and After OSHA Arrives.” Register here.
- OSHA is hosting a May 16 webinar addressing heat as a workplace hazard.
- Since the COVID-19 public health emergency is officially over, EHS Today has published these 10 questions to help businesses prepare for the next future health emergency.
- Fisher Phillips has published this six-step plan for employers as OSHA contemplates updating its COVID-19-related requirements and guidance.
Keep in mind the BWC publishes this calendar of virtual and in-person safety webinars and training events. 5/8/2023