Energy Roundup: A Look at Electricity Generated by Renewables in Every State
- This infographic published by Visual Capitalist shows how much of each state’s annual electricity generation comes from renewable sources.
- Republican leaders in the U.S. House intend to make energy a key focus of their 2023 agenda, according to reports.
- As utilities across the U.S. spend billions of dollars on transmission projects, support is growing for independent monitoring.
- Working natural gas stocks reached 3,644 billion cubic feet (Bcf) as of Nov. 11, nearly matching the five-year average, according to the Energy Information Administration.
- For the second straight week, the U.S. average gasoline price has declined, falling to $3.64 per gallon as of Nov. 21, while the average diesel price is $5.28 per gallon, according to reports.
- Since the invasion of Ukraine, China’s annual spending on Russian energy imports has gone from $35 billion a year ago to $60 billion as of last month, Bloomberg reports.
- In the Czech Republic, coal is making a major comeback due to high electricity prices, while global emissions associated with coal burning are on track to hit a new record.
Finally, if you haven’t already, you can still register for the OMA’s Nov. 29 Energy Committee meeting. 11/22/2022