DP&L New Construction Rebate Program
Get generous incentives for surpassing standard building codes and reduce the amount of energy that a completed new construction project or major addition would use.
DP&L Business customers are eligible for New Construction Rebates. Any eligible customer may download and complete an application. There are two unique new construction rebates, one for lighting and another that covers your entire building.
Lighting Power Density (LPD) Reduction for Interior Lighting
The LPD reduction incentive encourages you to install lighting designs and equipment that provide quality lighting that uses less energy.
Whole Building Energy Performance Baseline Improvements
The whole building baseline improvement incentive rewards you for designing your buildings to be more efficient than a baseline building constructed to ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA Standard 90.1-2007.
Application Instructions & Process
Before you get started, you will need the following information:
- Your DP&L account number
- Your Federal Tax ID and contact information
- Project team contact information (architect, engineer, contractor, etc.)
- The manufacturer and model numbers of the efficient lighting measures you are planning to incorporate in your new facility and the anticipated occupancy date (Only required for Lighting Power Density Reduction rebates)
The eligibility requirements should be reviewed before completing the application. The DP&L customer will receive the rebate. The process for the rebate application is described below:
- You or your vendor complete the Rebate Application and submit it to DP&L for review. Applications must be complete and include the necessary contact information, supporting documentation for energy savings, equipment specifications and equipment cost estimates.
- DP&L reviews the application, verifies the information provided, and sends a confirmation notification that the application has been approved and reserves your funds.
- You or your vendor provide us with proof of permit to construct within 90 days of the approval letter. Proof of building permit may be faxed, emailed or mailed.
- If the building permit is not received, the funds will no longer be reserved. You can reapply for rebates, but they will be placed in the back of the queue. Extension requests will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- The building is ready to occupy within 24 months of application approval, and DP&L must be notified of the occupancy permit. If occupancy does not occur within 24 months, you may request an extension. Extension requests will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- DP&L reserves the right to inspect the new building prior to releasing any funds to ensure compliance with the program Terms and Conditions.
- Due to large variations in the size and complexity of new construction projects, as well as program budget constraints, DP&L reserves the right to place limits on DP&L New Construction incentives. Incentive limits will be determined on a case-by-case basis, but will never be less than $100,000. DP&L dispenses funding on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are exhausted for the calendar year.
Complete information can be found at http://www.dpandl.com/save-money/business-government/new-construction-rebates/