DP&L Custom Rebate Program
Incentives customized for your business
The Custom Rebate Program provides non-residential customers with generous incentives for equipment purchases and industrial process improvements that reduce energy consumption and demand. These rebates are for equipment that is not covered by DP&L’s other business rebate programs and are generally best suited for customized industry-specific or facility-specific applications.
$0.05 per kWh saved + $50 per kW saved
Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning
$0.10 per kWh saved + $100 per kW saved
$0.08 per kWh saved + $100 per kW saved
Equipment must operate regularly between 12-6 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday-Friday, and during the months of June-August to be eligible for the demand (kW) portion of the rebate.
The incentives listed above are subject to change at DP&L’s discretion.
To be eligible for a Custom Rebate, your project must be any of the following project types:
- An energy-efficiency measure added to an existing system (equipment that is part of a new construction project is not eligible; see DP&L Construction Rebates)
- Early retirement of equipment and replacement with more efficient equipment
- Replacement of failed equipment or equipment at the end of its useful life with more efficient equipment
- Use electricity as the fuel source and be installed in the DP&L service area
- Be comprised of new equipment purchased from a manufacturer, distributor or contractor
- Exceed minimum federal- and state-mandated efficiency standards
- Have a maximum payback based on electricity cost savings of 7 years and demonstrate permanency or sustainability of savings over the payback period or a 5 year period, whichever is longer. See Custom Rebate Amounts to calculate your payback.
Reasons DP&L would not approve a Custom Rebate:
- If the measures are installed with funding from another utility incentive program or from one of DP&L’s other rebate programs
- If the equipment, when installed, results in a net increase in energy consumption or demand due to a negative effect on other systems
- If the project will create on-site electricity generation, including switching to “renewables” or other fuel types
- Projects where the energy savings result from reduced production or equipment retirement
- Changes in operational and/or maintenance practices or simple control modifications not involving capital costs
- Projects that shift the time of a customer peak energy usage without net energy savings
Application Instructions and Process
Before you get started, you will need the following information:
Your DP&L account number
- A full description of the energy-efficient measures you are planning to install, the cost, life expectancy and operating hours
- For each measure, the baseline and new kWh and kW
- Please review the eligibility requirements before completing the application
When applying for a rebate, please follow the process below:
- Complete the online application found at http://www.dpandl.com/save-money/business-government/custom-rebates/custom-rebate-application/ and submit it for review. Please include the following documentation:
- A description of the affected facility (e.g. building type, facility size, major activities performed)
- A detailed cost estimate reflecting the costs of purchasing and installing the energy-savings measure (including all materials, labor and equipment discounts). Do not include or factor into your calculations project design costs, energy audit costs, equipment disposal costs, costs incurred from equipment downtime, warranty costs and any other costs not related to the equipment purchase or the installation of the equipment.
- Supporting documentation showing any diagrams, schematics, or other design documents of the before and after state of the system(s). Supporting documentation may be mailed, faxed, emailed or uploaded<.
- A full description of how the energy and demand savings were calculated. Please include formulas and any assumptions that were made. Use rated performance factors from ARI, ANSI, ASTM, ASHRAE or other recognized organizations when possible. It is up to you to present a convincing case for how energy savings should be estimated.
DP&L reviews the application and verifies the information provided. We reserve the right to conduct an audit of your existing equipment (the baseline) and/or the facility as part of our application review.
DP&L approves or denies the application. We will attempt to notify you of our decision in writing within 14 days. If the application is approved, your funds will be reserved.
You provide us with proof of purchase or intent to purchase within 60 days. This may come in the form of an invoice, purchase order or other supporting document.
You complete your project installation within 120 days of application approval and notify us. You must provide a final, itemized invoice reflecting the true costs of purchasing and installing the energy-savings measure (including all materials, labor, and equipment discounts) as well as equipment serial numbers. If the installation does not occur within 120 days, you must request an extension. Extension approvals will be granted on a case-by-case basis.
We release your funds to you within 30 days. DP&L reserves the right to inspect the system(s) prior to releasing any funds to ensure compliance with the program Terms and Conditions.
Complete information can be found at http://www.dpandl.com/save-money/business-government/custom-rebates/